Delicious (aka. del.icio.us) is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks that first launched back in 2003. In 2005 it was acquired by Yahoo! and later sold to AVOS Systems Inc. The website’s design hasn’t changed very much since its last redesign in 2011.
Delicious New Logo
Delicious UI Preview
Some fun facts:
- Brand-new brighter version of Delicious logo. (Time took: 5 minutes)
- No images used on this project. all styles are served by a ~23 KB gzipped CSS file. Hum, okay, there’s only one icon font and some SVG graphics and…
- The new design is responsive, I even spent more time on the mobile viewport, or I can say, it’s a mobile-first design. Try it out on your iPhone, it works smooth and intuitive.
- Delicious logo is made of pure CSS.
- I didn’t write any vendor prefix for this project. (Or let me say: Autoprefixer rocks).
- We use Application Cache to speed up the page load times.
- We use Grunt.
- I worked remotely (from home) for all these things.
- The author of Mobile First, former Yahoo! design architect, Luke Wroblewski also tweeted about it.
Delicious Landing Page
Delicious Landing Page (Mouseover)
More Screenshots: Delicious Login Window
Delicious Signup Form
Delicious - Useful Tools
Delicious - Developing for Delicious
Delicious - About
Delicious - My Links
Delicious - Manage Subscriptions
Delicious - Search
Delicious - Share a Link
Delicious - Edit a Link
Delicious - Mass Edit Links
Delicious - Keyboard Shortcuts